Thursday, October 27, 2011

Photo of the day, #267

Hint: it's heavy for its size
I had quite the scare last night. My oven caught on fire! I was baking pie when all of a sudden, a fire started. This has never happen to me before. I tried a new pie recipe and I guess it had too much grease in it.  I was thisclose to calling the firemen, when the fire put itself out. I was a bit traumatized and I think I will take a break from baking. And in case this ever happens to you, NEVER EVER pour water over a grease fire. It will make things worse. You are supposed to pour baking soda on it or put it lid on it. 


Anyways back to today's thingamajig. It's not a household item. This isn't even something I own. These are found outside and are made to last. Some of them are even thousands of years old. And they are usually custom made. They vary in size, shape and colour. What is it?

20 Comments:

  1. Is it a headstone, gravemarker type thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Special marble ornaments, floor tiles, something rocky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg!! Hope you're okay shutterbug!! :/
    That must have been quite a scare.

    -----

    And man this thingamajig looks so familiar but I can't put my finger on it right now. It looks like pattern stone/tablet block things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice contrast, blue and orange, complementary and fits so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh so sorry. must've been quite a scare. hmmmm....a slate of some sort?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that a grave stone?? Very Halloweeny if it is ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. marble/stone engravings/statue. (thats one guess)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, so sorry about the fire! That would traumatize me too! Glad you didn't get hurt!

    This looks like a garden stone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is that uh...is that a tombstone? I hope you don't own one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, impressive pie story. what happened to the pie?
    One time, I made chicken and fir men did have to put out the fire.
    And the thingamajig looks like stonewall or fence or decorative of that sort

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is that a tombstone?

    Also, whattt really? I would've freaked out. Is your oven okay?! And baking soda I wouldn't thought of, the lid makes more sense to me than water because of lack of oxygen AND of mess. But still, I thought you -wanted- an excuse to call the uh.. "sexy firemen" over.

    ReplyDelete
  12. some sort of masonry stone block?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is it some sort of vase or flowerpot? And sorry to hear about your oven, that sounds terrifying!

    ReplyDelete
  14. so curious to know what it is?!

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, I'm glad you're ok! That must have been really scary, that's never happened to me before, but thanks for the tip incase it does!

    And...is it a gravestone?

    ReplyDelete
  16. obviously that's some type of stone, but more specifically I'm not sure. A monument perhaps.

    ReplyDelete