Friday, October 21, 2011

Photo of the day, #260

Hint: it grows on trees
Happy Friday! The weekend forecast here is looking great. It's supposed to be nice and sunny!


Today's thingamajig might be a difficult one, especially if you aren't Asian. But even if you aren't Asian, you might have seen them in the stores.  If you can find them , they can be sold fresh or dried. I prefer fresh, but the dried version is still pretty good. China is a major producer of this thingamajig. And maybe for this reason alone, I should move to China. I love these thingamajigs! They are also grown in Korea, Japan, and Brazil. What is it?

17 Comments:

  1. OHAI! :D
    I haven't been here in a while.

    Maybe if you started using Alex Gaskarth or Brendon Urie for your mystery men I'd be more tempted to stop by.
    Six packs scare me. >.<

    Anyhoo. Miss you muchly. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure what this is....hummm!! Ill come back :)

    xo
    Classic & Bubbly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marquisa fruit or something?
    Dakota here btw <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grows on trees.. mass produced in China.. Brazil? That sets it apart..

    I'll go with alien life form. I got it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have seen these at my gf's parents house...however i can't think of the name. damn it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to say mushroom, but that's not on trees?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I was going to say Acorn but I doubt that would be considered difficult..

    Other than an acorn, it looks like a "pee wah" which is the local name we use. I unfortunately don't know the scientific name for it.

    Peewah Peewah is a member of the palm (palmaceae) family. Two of its cousins are the gru gru and gri gri. (Google reference)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like that thing growing on my back! :P

    ReplyDelete